There are two options in my opinion for laundry detergents:
(1) buy 100% Organic (Not just Natural)
(2) Make your own at home (That's what I'm experimenting with today)
This is the ingredient list that I pulled off of amybayliss.com... I love her blog <3
(1) Cup Washing Soda (Salisburyians - Get at Giant)
(1) Cup Borax (At most stores in Laundry Isle)
(1) Bar of Soap (I used a soap I picked up at a local market made by sallyeander soaps) - it smells really good :)))
- NOTE: A lot of people are using Castile soap but I have yet to find bars of soap of it anywhere in the Salisbury area.
Grate the soap and mix it in with the washing soda and borax.
I bought a grater just for the soap so it wouldn't mess up my cheese one. I don't know if this is necessary but I felt like I needed to.