Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Halloween Chow Recipe



This year for Halloween I wanted my Husband, Matt, and Son, Liam, to have Halloween themed treats throughout October. I didn't go too overboard since our Son is only 18 Months Old. So I chose two treats to make as well as two Halloween themed dinners. 

One of the treats that I chose was a Halloween Spin on Puppy Chow. I had seen it on multiple blogs as well as on Pinterest Posts so I thought it couldn't be too hard to make. I was right, it literally only takes about 10 minutes. 

Ingredients:
(1) 12oz-Bag Wilson Orange Candy Melts
(1) Box of Cinnamon Flavored Chex Cereal
(1) Cup of Powered Sugar
Cinnamon, Nutmeg, & other spices you would like to throw in
(1) Bag of the Pumpkin Candy Corns

Process:

(1) Melt your Candy Melts either using a double boiler or by using the timed defrost on your microwave. Follow the instructions on the bag of candy melts. Melt until smooth. 



(2) Put Chex Cereal in a large bowl and pour melted candy melts along with some extra cinnamon on top of Chex cereal. Mix until all Chex are coated.



(3) In a large plastic bag, add one cup of powered sugar along with extra cinnamon and the other spices that you chose. Dump your coated Chex cereal in to the bag. Zip up bag and shake until all Chex are coated.



(4) Mix in your Pumpkins and voila! You're done!!!


I decided to pack up some in baggies for Matt to hand out to some co-workers and for me to hand out to some family members and friends. I'm probably going to put a cute little Christian saying or something on the side of the bags but haven't made up my mind yet. Either way they'll love them! 

I also bought a cute little container from the Dollar Store to put ours in at home. 


Feel free to post any questions at the bottom of the page :) I hope you enjoyed my post. 

Live Gracefully with God!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment