Pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

Proverbs 25:26

 "Like a muddied spring or a polluted well is a righteous man who gives way to the wicked." (Proverbs 25:26)



As many of you know, I am reading along with Good Morning Girls Ministries. For July, we are going through the Book of Proverbs. Today was Chapter 25. We use the SOAK method which stands for Scripture, Observation, Application, and Kneeling in Prayer. This method brings you in a lot deeper to the scripture and really helps you understand what you are reading by applying it to your life.

I'm not going to lie, sometimes I have a hard time with certain chapters. Today was one of those days. With a toddler who wants to be held and with a headache, it was hard for me to focus and understand. Not to mention, Chapter 25 brings in Kings and Noblemen. That isn't really that relatable in American society. I actually had to go and read Courtney Joseph's (Women Living Well) blog post about Chapter 25 in order to open my eyes. It absolutely helped even though as I started writing, I wrote completely about a different subject. We just relate differently. And that is perfectly ok!

I have a hard time with "harsh Christians" and sometimes sinfully put myself above them spiritually. "Harsh Christians" in my opinion are those who seek God's Grace but don't necessarily give Grace to others. They're one of the main reasons the majority of the non-believing population turn from the Church. 

I have a hard time relating to them because when I am filled with the Holy Spirit it makes me want to be closer to God and want to obey him the best that I can. Yes I sin and I am definitely not perfect but through God, I want to be the Woman that God wants me to be, not led by my flesh but by God himself. Not just attending Church weekly and reading the bible in the morning and then consistently sinning during the week and in the afternoon. I want to correct my sin as best as I can and become a better Christian. God makes me want to be my best! 

I'm constantly learning from God and implanting what I learn in to my every day life to bring Glory to God, to be able to be used for his purposes. What are you working on? I know I have a very long list! Love you all!

Walk Gracefully with God!

Love, 

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment