Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Homemade Non-Toxic Baby Shampoo


As many of you know, I'm a crunchy (Green, Eco) Mama. I've never used Johnson & Johnson, Baby Magic, or other culture streamlined products on my Son, Liam. And I don't plan to on my soon to be born Son, Graham. I've pretty much stuck to Burt's Bees Shampoo & Body Wash the majority of Liam's life. I did this knowing it is a way better choice than the brands listed above but also knowing it isn't the best choice that I could have made for my Son.

The last year has been a bit hectic for our Family. This time last year, tensions were high because our house wasn't selling in our planned timeline. I was super stressed and not the best nor happiest Wife or Mother. As we finally settled on our old house the beginning of this year, tensions began to subside. We thought the worst was over until we found out about our new unexpected little blessing. I was severely bedridden sick for three months. I didn't start feeling better until after we put a contract on our present home. We then had a gap between our apartment and our new house, so we moved in with my In laws. Now don't get me wrong, they were absolutely a blessing and were great to us but it's very hard having your family live in someone else's space. A month later we finally settled on our dream home, the next day my Mother in Law passed away unexpectedly. That was two and half months ago now. To say the least, we've had a little bit of a tough year. To top it all, both our dogs passed away prematurely. But Matt and I have clung to our faith and trusted God. He has brought us both out of this stronger and has pulled us closer to him.

Why am I telling you this in this post? It's because I am just now starting to be able to settle back into a full all natural lifestyle. Therefore, I finally took the initiative to make my own baby shampoo which I know is the best for my Children and I thought I'd share!

___________________________________

Non Toxic Homemade Baby Shampoo

Makes 12 oz

Ingredients:
- 1/4 Cup Dr Bronner's Baby Mild Castile Soap
- 2 TBSP Almond Oil 
- 1 TBSP Vitamin E Oil
- 5-10 Drops of Essential Oil of your Choice (I used Lavender)
- Water 

Directions:
1. Find a container that you like. I used an old Burts Bees Shampoo Bottle with a Pump.
2. Use a funnel and add Castile soap , Almond Oil, and Vitamin E Oil.
3. Slowly fill the rest with water. 
4. Add Essential Oils and shake to mix. 
5. Use on baby. 

Note: This isn't 100% tearless because we didn't add a chemical to make it tearless. However the Castile soap is so diluted that it shouldn't burn baby's eyes. It doesn't burn Liams but if you fear that it will, add more water. The best thing is that for 12oz, it costs less than $2.50 to make! Wow! That beats $15 for Burts Bees and even more for other natural brands!
___________________________________

This recipe is awesome and really sudsy hehe! Get your baby clean the best way you can, by making it yourself and knowing 100% what is in it! I plan on using this for Graham too. And I am looking into Castile based washes and shampoos for my Husband and I now.

Walk Gracefully with God,

Jess <3

No comments:

Post a Comment