Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Squash Casserole


I recently made this recipe from allrecipes.com for my Nephew's 2nd Birthday Party and it was a hit. I thought putting it on my blog was the best way to allow everyone access to it. 

Ingredients 

- 4 Cups Sliced Squash (I didn't measure, I just used 4 medium yellow squash)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion (I used yellow)
- 35 buttery round crackers (I used Toasteds Butter Crackers)
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I used Giant Brand)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 Cup Milk (I used 2% Cows Milk)
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 tsp Salt
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP Butter

Directions

1. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place Squash and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in a small amount of water, cover, and cook until squash is tender. Drain well and place in large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together cracker crumbs and cheese. Stir half cracker mixture into the cooked squash and onions. In a small bowl, mix together eggs and milk, then add to squash mixture. Stir in 1/4 Cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish (I used a large round Martha Stewart Casserole dish). Sprinkle with remaining cracker mixture and dot with 2 tbsp butter. 
4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.

Bon Appetite! 

Proverbs 31 <3

Walk Gracefully with God!

Jess <3

No comments:

Post a Comment