Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Book of Acts (Intro & Chapter 1) - Good Morning Girls Bible Study

Good Morning Girls & Guys,

First of all I would like to welcome everyone to our Acts Bible Study. I believe it is everyone's first time doing a Good Mornings Girls/Guys study and I couldn't be more excited excited to have you all! I am writing to you guys from the beautiful Avon, NC in the OBX where I will be able to spend time with God every morning in our house right by the ocean. It's such a blessing to be able to start off this study this way. 

(NOTE: This post was initially intended for the Acts bible study starting on September 7th 2015. If you would like to join our Acts bible study, please email me at thewebers11@gmail.com. You can also use this post as an archive for going through the book of Acts if the study has ended. Please feel free to share any material that you would like, please give credit to LaMereDiaries if it is from this site or if it is from Good Morning Girls or Women Living Well, please give them credit. We are here to help you on your wall with growth! Please contact me with any questions or concerns. Thanks you!)



We are starting Acts 1 this morning in our workbooks or if you do not have a workbook, you can do the SOAK method in a journal, on a scrap peace of paper, or in whatever version makes you feel most comfortable. Again SOAK stands for Scripture, Observation, Application, and Kneeling in Prayer. For more information on SOAK or color coding you can visit http://womenlivingwell.org/good-morning-girls-resources/

Here is my SOAK and Color Coding from today's study:



If you guys have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!! 

Today's Reflection Question is:

The Apostles knew they needed to replace Judas; therefore, they trusted God to place the right person in that position. 

How can we apply this principle to the relationships in our own lives? 

If you want to answer the question, just respond to this chain. I'll answer after one other person responds today to get the chain going. 

My application question that I asked myself this morning was: How can we live as if Jesus was physically here guiding us everyday? (Btw how amazing is it that they had 40 days of personal time with Jesus, I'm jelly!) How can we live in obedience to his teachings?

Even though we are saved by grace, we still should live in obedience to God's teachings and will for us. As we grow closer to him through Faith, we automatically crave because of the Holy Spirit to live in line with God's will. I know that for me, when I'm actively reading the bible and studying it, my life aligns with Gods will more and more and I just feel all around more at peace and like God is literally cradling me and my Family in his arms. When I have breaks with GMG, I can easily slip back in to my old ways of thinking, my old habits, and start taking on characteristics of this world and choosing it over God. I try to stay as active with God as possible not to go through the motions but to build that relationship with God. I can never love him as much as he loves me but I'm going to continue to fight and try to hehe. 

I love you all! I can't wait to hear your responses and thoughts from today's reading!!! 

Walk Gracefully with God,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment